OUR NEXT EVENT
Sunday 27th July
- New breakfast ticket now available.
- Workshops by Katie Dean
- 'Come and av a banter with beads and biscuits'
- Exhibition by Beadweaving-4-Fun
- LAST CHANCE to see The Carousel - winner of the group entry in The Beadworkers Guild Challenge a few years ago.
All the usual attractions :
- Free prize draw - win a hamper of beading goodies, donated by our traders
- Traders from all over the Country offering many different types of beading and jewellery-making materials and tools
- A drop-in where you can make a bracelet or ask for help on bead-weaving stitches and techniques
- 'Av a Go" sessions - sit down and try something new
- Food service offering drinks, hot and cold food and cakes
- Chill-out zone where you can sit and read the Sunday papers
- Free and very large car park
Workshops by Designer Katie Dean
Katie has kindly created two exclusive designs for these workshops and will teach you how to make them.
The first workshop is a beautiful Dahlia flowern using peyote stitch - you can
string these into jewellery, use them as focal points or just make a collection to display!
In the second workshop you will learn how to make pearl beaded beads using Triangular Right Angle Weave - perfect for a pretty bangle!
Both projects have been designed for beginner level and upwards, so even if the techniques are new to you, with Katie’s expert tuition you will have no problem completing these projects, whatever your experience
To book your place contact Gordon or Kathy on 01254 236049
The workshops are £15.00 each. All tuition and materials are provided.
Dahlia workshop is 11.00am - 12.30pm
Pearl beaded beads is 1.30pm - 3.00pm.
Still time to get a breakfast ticket!
Beads and Breakfast! Your breakfast ticket means that you can jump the queue and get into Haydock Park at 9.30! From there you will be directed to the Chasers Bar where you can claim your coffee and Danish to set you up for a day full of beads. Also in Chasers bar will be Katie Dean and our stringing challenge to raise money for the British Lung Foundation.
Scroll down the page to order
Exhibitors list updated with four new suppliers - Tuffnell Glass, Knottingways, Oak Tree Crafts and Bead Shop Scotland.
New for July - 'Come and av a banter with beads and biscuits'
3pm - 4pm, Chasers Bar - Free entry
Opportunity to chat with other beaders - bring your bead projects! Katie Dean will also be popping in for a natter after her workshops.
Av a go at stringing as many beads as possible in 60 seconds
See how many beads you can string in 60 seconds to be in with the chance of winning a prize.
In April Lindsay Latham managed a whopping 73!
And in the childrens competition Abbie Pedder strung 34!
Come along and see if you can do more.
Donations (miniumu 50p) to the British Lung Foundation
Beads up North – Get 50p discount
Create your own Beads up North badge/keyring and get 50p discount off admission at all of our festivals!
Click here for more information
For more details contact Kathryn Halfpenney on 01254 236049 or email email@example.com